The history of this 12 ha domaine stretches back to 1816 when François-Anton Allimant, freshly returned from the Napoleonic wars, expanded his family’s existing property by purchasing some vines in the Haut-Koenigsbourg hills. This land is where the current estate sits today. For generations the Allimant family practiced polyculture, cultivating vines as well as other crops. It wasn’t until 1949 when Charles Allimant, working with his daughter Mariette and her husband René Laugner whose family also had a long history of wine growing in the region, began estate bottling their wines. In 1984, René and Mariette’s eldest son Hubert took charge of the domain, bringing dynamic new ideas. Today, along with his wife Françoise and their son Nicolas, Hubert works the vines as naturally as possible, balancing modern winemaking with classic techniques that pay tribute to over 10 generations of family tradition.